Okay, since the last post...
Cailean arrived back home Thursday night from his annual VT hunting trip and yes, I turned the leafblower back over to him! I love how the yard looks all tidy after taking care of the leaves, but then hours later...UGH...the leaves still continue to fall!!!
Friday was a regular day for us. Kids were at school. Cailean finally was able to volunteer again in Ian's class. I was at work, but worked longer than normal trying to catch up and then get ahead. The contractor finished installing the two windows that originally had defects. So, that's done!
Cailean hunted this morning. The kids, mom, my grandparents and I volunteered at the Kirk for 2 hours this morning and helped package 35,000 meals with the Stop Hunger Now organization. We had a lot of fun and it was actually tiring! There were quite a few volunteers (maybe 140??) for our shift. It included a lot of teamwork and each person had a job. The younger kids were the Runners. They were in charge of taking the boxes of the food that the food prep people put together to the weighers (I was a weigher) and then checked the weight of each bag and then gave the bags to the sealers (my grandparents and mom) who sealed the bags and then tossed them to the packagers. When we reached 1,000 bags someone hit the big gong thing and you were supposed to stop and cheer for a second and then go back to work. It was very well organized and so much fun! Ian and Gavin were running all over working their tails off!!!! Oh, I totally would have taken pictures (I took the camera), but I didn't realize we had to wear these blue net things on our heads (all of us), so NOPE...no pics! LOL
We had a birthday party this afternoon into the early evening at the bowling alley. It was Omaid's 9th birthday! His dad works with Cailean and his mom watches Gavin once a week. The boys had a lot of fun bowling, eating pizza and cake as well as playing arcades.
Tomorrow we'll head to church and Bob Evans, then depending on the weather...we'll rush home to change into our NC State gear and head to the soccer field. The men's soccer team is playing in the NCAA Tournament and we're hosting tomorrow at 1pm.
Then, I have a Girls Night to celebrate some milestone birthdays! Happy 40th Lori! :) Looking forward to that. It has been months since we were able to go out at night! We've only been able to do a quick lunch before pre-school pick up!
No big plans for the holiday week. Cailean will take two days off, so I can work (kids have 2 days of school this week). We'll have Turkey Day at mom's and I'm hoping to hit up Black Friday, but I need to get organized about that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment