So, Cailean woke up at his normal time to head into work today. I woke up earlier than normal (guess it will be my new time for the academic year) and took care of some NCSU work before the boys woke up. Ian was up first shortly after 7am. He knew what today was...he was headed back to school. He wasn't at all thrilled, but did manage to eat breakfast. He continued to tell me since the second he woke up that he didn't feel well and he didn't want to go to first grade. I'm sure y'all remember our mornings LAST year when he was in Kindergarten. I took out the schedule that Mrs. Harris had given us last night and I went over it with him, so he knew what to expect. Then, Gavin woke up. Gavin didn't eat much breakfast and I think he was too into watching Ian and how sad he was talking about school. UGH! At around 8am I took the boys outside to ride bikes and take the scooters out and about. I was hoping Ian would smile and forget about his tummy ache. That worked! When it was time to gather up the backpack and school supplies...all I can say is UGH!!!!! We piled into the car and called Cailean to say hello. Ian couldn't talk long because he was getting nervous that he couldn't remember where Mrs. Harris' room was...what time I was going to pick him up, etc. So, poor Cailean...we had to hang up rather quickly on him to cover this information! I pulled into the Kingswood parking lot area carpool line and by this time...Ian was doubled over with his hands on his stomach on the verge of tears. OH...this poor kid!!!!!! He didn't cry, but he was soooooooo not happy!!! I had already emailed the teacher to give her a heads up that if he asked to go home because he was sick...that really it was just nerves. I figured she would know that since she deals with this stuff each year...but I still wanted to do that. She did email me in the afternoon to tell me that Ian was having a great day! So, that was good.
Gavin went to Pekai's while I was at my meeting and then we went to pick up some classroom supplies off the wish list for Mrs. Harris and then off to Kingswood to meet Ian. He was sooo excited to see us and I couldn't get too much out of him. "How was school?" "Fine." "What did you do?" "Stuff." LOL LOL We get in the car and he starts talking about different things and then says, "Mrs. Harris is a great teacher!" Woohoo!!!
We took the boys out to The Loop to celebrate the first day! We asked Ian what his favorite part of the day was at school. He replies, "Recess." We said, "What about your second favorite?" He answers, "Going home." Oh boy...seems like the same answers as last year!!!!!
Here's a photo of Ian on his first day of school. I found that shirt at Target and was able to get one for Gavin in his size. Vermont...cool!

I uploaded the pics from last night and wanted to share this photo with you. It's a pretty special photo, if I do say so myself. The proud great grandparents who have been attending events for the boys since they moved to NC last summer!
2 comments:
I'm glad Ian's day went okay!! I love the two pics you posted, especially the two boys with their great grandparents. Very awesome!!!
well well well it's happened again! poor ian. he has to pull himself together. wonder why he does this when he starts school? at least you know from last year that it does get better, he got comfy very quick in our classroom!
i wonder if gavin will be like that in kindy?
talk to you soon!!
Post a Comment