Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Day at the Park with Friends




So, we were scheduled to meet up with a family from Kingswood (Ian's new buddy, Luke) at Morrisville Community Park late this afternoon. I chose this park since it's close to mom's place and Cailean could get there quicker from work. Well, Cailean ended up going to DCA to fix a plane...but we still kept the plan. We got there first and then a van showed up shortly after us. I couldn't remember the vehicle that Jessica drove, but I thought it was silver. So, I told the boys that Luke and Ben arrived. They go running over and who comes out of the van???? Leslie! Coach's wife! She brought Max and Sam to play at the park. What a nice surprise. Then, Jessica showed up with Luke and Ben. So yea...it was nice to talk to Jessica and Leslie and it was great to see all six boys running around. We were supposed to be at mom's for dinner at 5pm. That wasn't happening! At about 5:15pm, the kids wanted to head down to the soccer field since we brought the soccer balls. So, after playing on the playground, we all headed to the field. Three other random bigger kids joined in on the fun and I think they played soccer for a good 30 minutes! We ended up getting to mom's at around 6pm! Ian did a great job playing with everyone since he was the common person with all the kids.

Tomorrow morning after we drop off Ian at school, Gavin and I are headed to another park to meet up with some moms and kids from his pre-school class. We'll stay there for a bit and then head over to pick up my grandparents (hopefully mom will remember to leave the van!!!) and take them on some errands. Then, after we pick up Ian from school, we're off to ANOTHER park to meet up with some families from the Kirk!

No comments: